.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Friday, June 09, 2006

6.9.06 News of the Day

1) This morning I noticed our HR manager carrying my timesheet with her to the restroom after picking it up from her mailbox. Was it good reading? I don't know. I couldn't stop laughing.
2) My director just asked me to order a couple packs of the Mr. Sketch "smelly" pens for her.
3) My sandals make farting noises when I walk.
4) There are hundreds of packs of admitted students wandering around campus today - they look so young! I can't believe I'm 10 years older than they are.
5) My housemate Lori is leaving for Ecuador today to visit her novio. Last night she was getting her suitcases out of the attic and had the folding ladder pulled down while she was packing. I came out of my room to find my cat Applejack 2/3 of the way up the ladder! He's not much of a jumper, but now we know he's a climber. I took him down and put him in my room to keep him out of trouble, but before I could close the door he bolted out and started to climb again.
6) I'm going to see "Pride & Prejudice" outside on the lawn at the NC Museum of Art tonight. Hurray! The classic Jennifer Ehle / Colin Firth A&E version will always be my favorite, but I really enjoyed this one, too.
7) I just got back in touch with my host family I stayed with in Germany in 1999. Oh, how I long to return to Germany! When I was writing to my "mom" via email I was surprised by how much German I actually remember after 6 years. I'm so impressed with myself!
8) I've started getting emails about my high school 10-year reunion coming up in November. I really, really want to go. I missed the 5-year reunion and heard it was really fun. We'll have to see if the friendly skies will take me there.
9) I have to decide soon which health plan I want to sign up for.
10) Now I know I need new glasses - I'm squinting a lot.
11) Our building's weird and loud and annoying HVAC guy just came over to my desk and leaned on it and then knelt down and asked if I had any plans for the weekend. When I said no (I was hoping to end the conversation quickly, so I lied) he asked me if I wanted to write a 13-page research paper. I said no.

1 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think my regular doctor is in that Blue Options network. I assumed that all the UNC Health Care peeps would be, but I don't think they are. I should check again, but it looked like the network is made of individual "people" (doctors) and not "places" (hosptials, clinics, etc.) Assuming that the people you want to see are in the network, the middle-road SmartChoice plan looks awesome for singles--a better deal than the state plan hands down. That's just my perspective based on my needs, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home