.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Pocket Fruit

This had been driving me crazy for days. I was trying to remember the name of these flat rectangular fruit snack things we used to eat when we were kids. They seemed more healthy than Fruit Roll-ups because their color actually looked like something found in nature... the fruit they were made from.
I remembered that the packaging looked like the pocket on a pair of jeans.

I worked my Google magic and found this ingenius site
"Food of the 80s"

and, scrolling down to the Ps, I found what I was looking for.
A chorus of angels sang as I read: "Pocket Fruit - 1/4 cm thick piece of a type of "fruit roll-up" that came in packaging with a denim jean pocket on the front. Not made by the same company as fruit roll ups, though. They were usually found in the Produce Dept. of any grocery store."

1 Comments:

At 1/17/2006 2:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm. Don't remember that. I was a fruit roll-up kinda guy. Artificial colors and preservatives all the way!

...Though maybe I'm regretting it now. I wonder if my receding hairline has any link to that? Hmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home