.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, December 05, 2005

Celebrity Watch: Keith Paugh

I've been keeping an eye out for some high school classmates' film projects in-the-works and it looks like two of them will be coming out in early 2006. Keith Paugh was always the brilliant class clown type of guy.
In the short film "Run to Jay's" he's the guy you see in the still shot on the webpage before clicking to play the trailer. The short won all kinds of cool awards. According to IMDB, Keith is a camera operator on this one.

What's even more cool, he is an actor in the feature length film "Think Tank". He's the guy with the red 'fro, first seen during the trailer carrying the massive gun. The movie looks hilarious. (You'll notice Aaron Ruell of "Napoleon Dynamite" fame in the first scene attaching the invention to the guy's knees, reminiscent of Kip's time machine.)

It looks like Keith has networked with some of the folks who created and starred in "Napoleon Dynamite." I figure it's a BYU thing. He's a really great guy and I always wanted him to marry my best friend Rachel, but they were just good friends.

Also check out Keith's faculty page at the Albright Academy of Cinematic Arts.

It's so cool to see people you know do the stuff they love!

By coincidence, last night as I was sorting through boxes of random stuff I found an article my mom had sent me from home years ago. It was about James "Teddy" Franco's big leap to stardom in the TNT movie "James Dean." He is another kid I knew (but not well) who has made it in "the Biz." Again, it's fun seeing people make it in the professions they love.

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 1:19 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Yeah, I need to move to California.

 
At 12/27/2005 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

This is Keith! I'm so fattered by your post about me here. Very nice of you.

What's going on in North Carolina? Head to www.albrightacademy.com
my address is in the faculty bios section. I'd love to hear from you.

- keith

 

Post a Comment

<< Home