.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Renewed Faith in Security Officers


Last night I went to Target, bought some stuff, paid for it, and made my way to the door. The security alarm went off when I passed through it so I turned around and headed back to get inspected. I approached the security officer who said “Let me just see your receipt, ‘cause really I just don’t even care anymore.” I looked at him incredulously. Was he for real? The apathetic look on his face and the way his head tilted back a little as though it had become too heavy for his neck confirmed it. He really didn’t give a crap if I was stealing. I started pulling my receipt out of my wallet and he didn’t even bother to wait for me to show it to him when he said, in a loud voice so everyone could hear “alright, thank you ma’am, you’re fine.” Bewildered, I stood there for a moment as he returned to his post next to the shopping carts. As I gave him one last look he said in the same booming voice, “Thank you for shopping at Tar-zhay, come back again.”

2 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 12:30 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Hmmm. So when should we hit Target tonight?

 
At 10/06/2005 1:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

From the pic you posted I thought we were in for some serious COPS action! :) Hmm... I apologize for your awkward experience with the security officer. That's pretty wack of him; it puts you in an odd position, despite the rudeness aspect of it. Who do you go to when the authorities are unjust?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home