.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, October 03, 2005

NPR - A Rocky Relationship


While I don’t listen to it all the time, these days I find myself tuning to NPR or other talk radio stations just to hear what people are thinking, whether I agree with them or not. Funny thing is that in high school I thought NPR was just for old people who couldn’t stand that crazy rock ‘n roll stuff that was playing on all the other stations. Then in college I thought NPR was just for granola liberals and all the people who grew up in D.C. and knew everything there was to know about politics and would talk about it and make me feel stupid.
There was this chick I named “NPR Girl” in college who would always have NPR playing on the radio in the ceramic studio during off-hours. It annoyed me so I always tried to get there before her so everyone could actually listen to music while we were working. (It was funny whenever “Unchained Melody” would come on the radio - anyone working on a wheel at the time would look around and giggle with each other. I’d giggle, but I always felt just a little bit awkward, as though the lump of clay and I were both embarrassed to be there with each other. If clay could blush, it did.)

3 Comments:

At 10/03/2005 12:26 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

I have still yet listened to NPR. I don't even know what station it comes on! Funny story about "NPR Girl"

 
At 10/03/2005 4:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Since I don't have TV at home, I relyon NPR for weather and other interesting tidbits. Sort of like a newspaper you can listen to.

 
At 10/14/2005 3:40 PM, Blogger Amere1 said...

I listen to NPR everyday in the car - good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home