.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Wringing Hands

I don't think I've ever actually wrung my hands before, but I found myself doing just that earlier today.

It's such a strange physical action.
For some reason, I think I've considered the wringing of hands to be reserved for distraught, middle-aged women in novels who accompany the wringing of hands with sorrowful wailing and anxious pacing.

I'm more of a paper-roller, but it's not necessarily a sign of stress or worry - I just do it for something to do with my hands. Maybe I just found myself without paper this morning and subconsciously needed to express my stress physically.

2 Comments:

At 6/22/2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! Rolling paper is a precursor to violent behavior. What else do you roll paper for, other than to hit people with it?! :)

 
At 6/22/2006 9:18 AM, Blogger sarahanne said...

Then you better watch out, mister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home