.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Fantasy American Idol

I don't watch football, so I obviously would never join in the Fantasy Football craze. However, I do watch "American Idol" and thus have co-created the "Fantasy American Idol" tournament.
The players include the four members of my household. Drawing numbers, we will each choose our teams based on who we expect to make it the farthest in the competition. We haven't watched the 2/21 and 2/22 shows yet because we won't be able to get together to chose our teams until later tonight. Then we will watch this week's shows and award points.
(I will add pictures of the trading cards Sarah Elizabeth is making for the tournament. She made a cherry pie last night and wrote "F.I." on it. I was so proud.)
I'm very excited about this.

Update 2/24 @ 12:27am. We picked our teams and I'm bummed - I drew a 4 so I was the last to pick each round. I've got Mandisa, Kellie, Heather, David, Brenna, and Bobby on my team. I really wanted Chris and Ace on my roster. I also like Mandisa and Kellie and I gotta say I'm a fan of Taylor even though I don't think he'll make it to the top two.
But ultimately it's who we correctly vote off each week that gets us points. For example, I got 10 points tonight because I correctly guessed that Bobby and Stevie were gettin' the boot. We put the losers of each round in the "Basket of Death" which also holds the $3 we each put in the pot.
For the record, I want Chris to win. He's my kind of rocker. Sarah Elizabeth said it well: he's the only one of the contestants whose album we would actually buy.
Mad props to Sarah for her work writing up the rules and creating the game pieces.

5 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 12:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fun! I don't get the pie thing, though.

 
At 2/23/2006 1:22 PM, Blogger sarahanne said...

There's no significance to the fact it was a pie with "F.I." on it. She just wanted to make a pie and it happended to coincide with her enthusiasm about Fantasy Idol.
Pie is good, no matter what else is going on.

 
At 2/23/2006 6:02 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

I want in!!

 
At 2/24/2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Chris used to be the worship leader at Evergreen Church in Raleigh before he moved to Greensboro.

 
At 2/24/2006 4:46 PM, Blogger sarahanne said...

no WAY, ceeece! yet another reason we like him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home