.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Girl Scouts: My BFF

Last Wednesday, as I was sitting in Amantes waiting for my super-yummy turkey sandwich, I glanced out the window and saw a familiar scene, but my brain was slow to process it.
A little girl and her mom standing behind a table.
Boxes. Different color boxes on the table. People walking by doing double-takes and then approaching the table in earnest.
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!!!!
I leaped out of my seat and out the door – unconcerned that the Amantes staff might think I’d abandoned my hopes of getting my sandwich – and practically slide-tackled the girl at her table. “Two boxes of Thin Mints, please.” Two only because I didn’t have enough money for ten. My housemates and I are consuming them at a steady pace and I have been commissioned to hunt and gather more, whenever possible.


Fun fact: Girl Scout cookies are kosher.

1 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Sadly, I haven't bought any this year. $3.50 a box?!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home