.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Body Exhibit

Reading CNN online this morning, I came across and article about a new art exhibit in Atlanta, GA which fascinates me.
(Article link lead me to: "Real Human Body Exhibition...")
I'm not at all weirded out by it, but I suppose I can understand why some people would be. I'm completely fascinated and I think I would want to see the exhibit were I given the opportunity. Because I believe that once we die our bodies become empty shells as our souls separate from them, I have no objection to the use of the human body for scientific study. I would have posted a picture of the exhibit here, but I'll leave the choice to view it up to the reader. The main figure shown in the article is a human body posed throwing a basketball, with skeletal and musculature representation.
Utterly fascinating.

Official website: Bodies: The Exhibition

2 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Working in medical illustration I see stuff like this all the time, but this idea is creepy to me. :) It's interesting, yes... But I'd have to make sure that my visit is as far in between meals as possible. The dried-up cadaver muscles look like beef jerky. Ugh.. That's what I get for looking at this while I'm hungry. :)

 
At 2/24/2006 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep reading about this and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see it. The human body is so darn cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home