.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Friday, February 17, 2006

Signing Pots

I just read Emily Murphy's post entitled A Potter's Mark: Signing Pots. I'm glad I stumbled across it because I struggle with signing my pieces. It feels like I'm physically incapable of making a mark that isn't sloppy or too deep or too shallow. I want to have a signature like all those other potters out there - smooth, slightly cursive, truly signature.
But here Emily gives me hope. I could have a stamp made and never have to worry about it! In the past I've tried the make-your-own-stamp technique where you actually make one out of clay and fire it. Problem was, mine was crap.


*Note: I don't actually know Emily Murphy, but I've been reading her blog and aspiring to be her.

4 Comments:

At 2/17/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, very professional. I always thought your "SAH" was cool; very succinct and iconographic.

I'm staying on campus late to day to do my taxes for free online. If you make under $50k you can do that...

 
At 2/19/2006 10:31 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Yes, SAH is great! Also, I have perfected my signature so perfectly that there's just no way that it CAN'T be worth something. I guess we artists take pride in our work and thus our signature. I still dream of the time when I hold book signings and I can inscribe someone's book and they walk away with my signature and a smile! :)

 
At 2/20/2006 1:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just inscribe peoples' hearts and they walk away with a smile.

 
At 2/20/2006 3:42 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Okay, Eddie, you win!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home