.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Romantics

I truly appreciate my friend KC's commentary on Valentine's Day:
Confessions of a Romantic Mind.

I've never really stopped to reflect on my true feelings about Valentine's Day, but after reading KC's post I find that I have a lot of the same feelings she does. I love watching men buy flowers for their sweethearts. I love watching them agonize in the greeting card aisle, searching for the "perfect" card. I witnessed these things yesterday and all of it made me smile.
I don't really think of myself as a really really romantic person, but I think we've all got a bit of the romantic in us. I could hate the holiday because of a crushing experience my freshman year, but I chose to be bitter about him and not the holiday.

Most of the fun I take out of Valentine's Day is the cute and funny things that we can do with friends in plutonic love. Maybe that's because I've only once been in an actual relationship during the valentine season and have therefore spent my valentinic life eating conversation hearts and chocolates with my girlfriends. My greatest Valentine's Day joy comes from the goofy cards I make for my friend Sarah. Maybe tonight I'll post this year's masterpiece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home