.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Leopard Print

I have to be honest.
I cringe at the sight of leopard print. I must have some lingering impressions from my childhood that stemmed from some movie or tv show I watched which associated leopard print clothes with prostitutes and loose women. That and the indecent ads from places like Victoria's Secret. This came to mind because I just saw a woman in a leopard print jacket this morning, and I had the thought "I wonder if she knows how that makes her look" and then I had to try to figure out why I thought that.
Strange how things get tainted by the context we first encountered them in.
So this holiday season, please refrain from gifting me with matching leopard print scarf and gloves. I will have no choice but to return that leopard to the wild.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home