.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Two Thumbs WAY Down




DON'T EVER SEE "DOGVILLE" starring Nicole Kidman. It's about a tiny little town that shelters a woman (Kidman) who is on the run from gangsters. It started very innocently - the scenery was very creative with just the outlines of buildings and maybe just a wall or a few pieces of furniture, as if it were performed on a stage, so the focus was all on the characters. I was fascinated by this creative approach and was enjoying the movie until I fell into a peaceful sleep about an hour into it.
Then I awoke toward the end of the movie to a horrible horrible scene. The gansters had found her in the town and were gunning down all the people who lived there! It was absolutely horrifying and so discordant with the first part of the movie. I wish I had never seen the end, but now I know to dissuade others from seeing it. Don't see it unless you just watch the first hour.
Sad. It had started off so wonderfully...
sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home