.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, November 14, 2005

There's Nothing We Can Do About It


Some friends and I watched "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" last night.
I woke up this morning around 4am from a very clear and convincing dream. The world was going to end shortly and I was the one who had to tell everyone. Upon waking, I actually said outloud "...and there's nothing we can do about it."


The night before, I had another dream that was "inspired by actual events". Some girlfriends and I spent an evening unintentionally talking about all kinds of crazy medical stories we'd heard/seen - amazing laparoscopic surgeries performed on fetuses in the womb and some truly bizarre physical abnormalities (like a twin-within-a-twin and a baby born with two heads, etc.)
I had a dream that night that I was in a class that the professor had taken outside. There were about 8 of us and our assignment was to effectively compliment our instructor's appearance. Thing was, he was only a head sitting on the grass. I was nervous and when it was my turn I said something about how I liked how his eyes crinkled when he smiled and how he looked like my grandpa and I started crying with nostalgia.
I think I got an A.

WEIRD.

2 Comments:

At 11/14/2005 5:00 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Resistance is useless!

 
At 11/15/2005 10:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, what a funny entry. Who would have known that you identified with Ford Perfect so much? he he.. Interesting, tho. There's truth to "there's nothing we can do about it." Death in this life is inevitable, unless the Lord comes back first.. So there's no escaping that. Maybe you can go on a speaking/teaching tour, like Joyce Meyers or TD Jakes! Instead of "Woman, Thou Art Loosed" you can call it "There's Nothing We Can Do About It". That's kinda misleading, tho, since there is something we can do about it.

About the prior, medical dream... You want to know what's really freaky? I'm working on some illustrations featuring laparoscopic sugery on fetuses today! (Which reminds me; I should ask for permission to show that stuff.)

That thing about the professor's head... Funny, but very sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home