.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

"Woman, Thou Art Loosed"

For years and years I hated this book every time I saw it on the shelf at a bookstore. I've never read it, and I've never wanted to. My understanding was that the title was a fancy bible-ese way of saying "you are a loose woman" and it was 100% condemnation. It embarrassed me to see it on the shelves in the Christianity section of bookstores. It wasn't until my 20s when it was explained to me that the author, T.D. Jakes, is really offering hope and healing to women who have been hurt and abused - breaking off the chains of pain and depression that have held them down for years.
That's much better! A great book, I'm sure.
But I still really hate the title. He should have titled it "Woman, You Are Free!" for people like me who don't get it.

1 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ha ha ha... media publishers really need to be mindful of their audiences.. I wonder many people went to see "You Got Served" thinking it was about a dining experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home