.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Thursday, April 06, 2006

LARPing

"Perhaps sports and LARPing are mutually exclusive. If you like sports, you have probably never been exposed to the horror that is "Live Action Role Playing". If you like larping you most probably do not enjoy sports in any way. I saw people larping once and it was like watching the drama club meet at Denny's. It was just a bad scene to me.
If you don't know what larping is or you can't envision it, I will give you the key to the domain of larp: Try this google image search and it will tell you a lot about larping. Except imagine those guys running around in the parking garage of a university with all their capes and everything on, yelling, "OBFUSCATE!!! I OBFUSCATED! I'M INVISIBLE NOW! I'M ALSO A MALKAVIAN! MALKAVIANS ARE VIOLENT AND LOVE DENNY'S!!!!!!"
"

I read this on the toothpastefordinner blog and laughed out loud because I knew a bunch of people in high school who were into LARPing. Just say "BayCon" and Shallcross will erupt into laughter remembering the stories I've told. BayCon is the annual Bay Area Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention that I found myself following my friends to one night in high school. I was transported into a world of, what I'm not ashamed to call, freaks.

(I found the page this quote was on after stumbling across the NatalieDee website while looking for pictures of dinosaurs. I think they're really cute drawings. Maybe it's because her cartoons are primitive like my brother's. Disclaimer: The Drinky-Drink Kids tend to cross the line.)

1 Comments:

At 4/09/2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

I did not know your brother was a cartoonist.

Here I am worried about how good the drawing looks when it cleary is more about the writing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home