.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, March 13, 2006

With this ring...

... I thee embarrass.

I was looking at the jewelry at Kohl's the other day and found a ring that I really, really liked. Great sale = $12. I try it on my ring finger. Fits well enough. I also try my middle finger. Hmm, fits well enough. I could wear it on either one. But it's here that the story gets interesting:
I can't get the ring off. I struggle with it for a bit, thinking surely I can get it off with a little coaxing.
Nope.
The darn thing won't come off and now the knuckle is swelling up even more because of my struggling. Please note that the ring was attached to a square of plastic by way of one of those thick plastic ties that can't be removed without cutting it, so I was in a bit of a pinch (pun intended). I know I'll have to reveal my dilemma to someone in order to get help. I decide that I'm definitely done shopping for the day and so I go to the registers, trying to hide my hand from people. It comes my turn, and I approach the woman at the register with great humility. I sheepishly begin with "you're totally going to laugh at this..." and I show her my hand and ask her to just go ahead and scan the barcode on the back of the plastic square so she can ring me up. She laughs. The woman ahead of me who hasn't gathered all her things up yet laughs, but after controlling her laughter she offers me some hand lotion to help get it off.
It works and I go on my merry way, laughing at myself on my way out the door, in the parking lot, and the whole drive home.





It's a good thing I was already going to buy it.
Pretty, no?

2 Comments:

At 3/15/2006 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haha... :) That's the stuff Seinfeld episodes are made of.

 
At 3/16/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

So true! I do like the ring! Good taste, Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home