.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, February 27, 2006

Shrove Tuesday

Get ready to make some pancakes everyone - tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday!
(By a strange coincidence I was just invited to have breakfast-for-dinner tomorrow night at Joyce & Will's house, including, but not limited to, PANCAKES.)

And if you're wondering if your favorite food has a special day, look for it on this page of Bizarre Food Holidays.
Highlights of March celebrations:
Waffle Day - March 25 (for those of you who prefer waffles over pancakes). March is also National Noodle Month (time to go crazy with that Pad Thai)
National Chip and Dip Day - March 23
Something on a Stick Day is March 28, but that one scares me. On my birthday we can celebrate National Crown Roast of Pork Day - March 7, but that is really disappointing to be because I hate most pork. Actually, I'd like to make a formal request to change it to National Bacon Day because I actually do love bacon. I think I have that right because of special birthday privileges.
For our friend Kristinmichelle there's Poultry Day on March 19, and you better believe I'm celebrating American Chocolate Week - March 14-20, but if you don't mind I'm gonna skip National Chocolate Covered Raisins Day on March 24.

Jumping ahead, the event I am definitely putting on my calendar (you think I'm joking?)
drum roll, please...
Sneak Some Zucchini on Your Neighbor's Porch Night - August 8

1 Comments:

At 2/28/2006 5:38 AM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

hip HIP HOORAY, for POULTRY DAY (September is Chicken Month!)

Shrove Tuesday...that is some awesome trivia for the breakfast table with my co-workers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home