.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Downplaying the Crisis

I am very proud of myself.
I refrained from going ballistic on one of my coworkers who could very well have screwed us over in a big way. Us in general and me and one of my big projects specifically.
I had every chance to get mad at her outwardly and even played out some furious "chew out" scenarios in my imagination, but I managed to keep it contained and use a calm tone of voice when I was dealing with her in person.
I refrained from running to our boss to tattle on her incompetence (though when I was asked point-blank about something I couldn't lie) and I'm really proud of myself for that. It was such a temptation because this woman has screwed up a number of similar things in the past.
I'm proud of myself for initially giving her the benefit of the doubt even if she really didn't deserve it.

So now I just have to wait to see if there has been irreversible damage, and that waiting could take up to 2 weeks.
And I have to manage this anger that isn't dissipating.

2 Comments:

At 4/05/2007 8:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Irreversible damage? What do you mean? And doesn't your coworkers read your blog? You gotta talk about these things in code. Posting a haiku will help you vent your aggression.

 
At 4/05/2007 8:54 AM, Blogger sarahanne said...

My gosh - not all of my coworkers read my blog!!! What a horrible idea. I'd NEVER share it with anyone except the two who do read it. And they know exactly what I'm talking about and have the same frustrations. I was vague in the description on purpose. "Irreversible damage" refers to the chance we will be blacklisted from using certain resources on campus that WE NEED to be able to use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home