.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

White Glittery Tabletop

I had Froot Loops this morning - a cereal I haven't eaten in YEARS - and just the smell of it brought back a strong memory. Sitting in my grandparents' kitchen at Tejon Ranch in Southern California as a little kid. When we would come for visits during the summers without our parents my Grandma would let us choose one sugary cereal for our stay. Froot Loops was a popular one. We'd sit at the classically 60's white metal table with the flecks of gold on it, in front of the corner windows overlooking the back yard terrace.
The packaging was even like it was back then - and I haven't seen cereal packed this way in years - in a silver, non-crinkly, almost waxy foil.
Memory Lane can be so sweet. Literally. That cereal will really wake you up in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home