.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

That Cat is Unbelievable

I just can't believe it. It's too absurd. I was outsmarted by my cat.

If you know me, you've probably heard me talk about how Zoë has annoying quirks. One of her two biggest - and the one she shares with her brother - is that she wakes me up at ungodly hours of the morning to try to get me to feed her. We're talking anywhere from 4:30 to 6:30, usually around 5:15. I've had very few solid nights' sleeps in the last year.
I try to ignore the rustling in my room, or the shaking and banging on the door if I've left that closed, but even if I ignore their pleas, I still can't sleep through it all. Even if I sleep on the couch downstairs Zoë will wake me up by chewing on magazines and papers on and under the coffee table. It really is ridiculous pet drama.
So I had a plan.
My housemate Sarah is out of town for a few days, so I decided I'd fake out the cats by sleeping in her bed with the door closed. They wouldn't know where to find me and I would be able to sleep until my alarm went off. The cats never bother anyone but me and Lara & Daniel (parents of the other two cats who also wait patiently by my door in the mornings) so I figured Sarah's closed door wouldn't hold any interest for them. And, I know this sounds silly, I even took the precaution of sneaking into the room when Zoë wasn't looking.
But can you guess what happened at 6:15 this morning?
ZOË WAS RATTLING THE DOOR OF SARAH'S ROOM!!!!!!
I couldn't believe it - how did she find me???
I stood behind the door just to be sure that it was really this door and not mine next to it. I opened the door and found Zoë sitting there, looking up at me with an expression that said "silly Mommy, why are you sleeping in here?"

It's ridiculous. I don't get it. My cat totally outsmarted me.
Maybe I should stop calling her a Freak Show.

2 Comments:

At 4/04/2007 11:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm... You should have worn Sarah's signature perfume. Or maybe you shorn have worn breathe-right strips so Zoe couldn't hear you snoring!

 
At 4/09/2007 11:43 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Cats are SMART, I don't care what everyone else says.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home