.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, March 26, 2007

"The Dumbest Day Ever"

I feel like this guy.

I've caught myself saying it in my head a number of times today at work.
"Today is the dumbest day ever."
I had the Monday Morning Blahs all morning and they've turned into the Monday Afternoon Blahs.
So what's the problem? Nothing really. I guess I didn't get enough sleep. But that's not such a big deal. I just don't have the energy to sympathy laugh at my non-funny coworkers' non-funny jokes. They're not even jokes. It's like "I'm gonna go get a sammich (sandwich)" and then he laughs really loud and for a long time, like it's the funniest thing he's ever said.

I'm bored.

The humming of various pieces of office equipment and the mechanical closet down the hall are really getting on my nerves, even thought I've been listening to the same noises every day for 6 years. (But I can't really complain because Karin and Neal have it worse - the HVAC system sounds like an airplane taking off in their lab... constantly.)
It's just a blah kind of day.
The only thing keeping me sane is a really long group email dialog I've been having with friends today. I think it has beaten the record for # of messages from one subject line (God bless Gmail)...74 and counting! It started with discussion about the latest episode of "24", moved on to Campus Harvest, then to friends having babies, then to Richard being awesome for being an established family man in a sea of pre-family men.

I'm so glad I have friends. They're great distractions from the blah of everyday life.
Oh yeah, and internet. I'm glad I have internet, too, because how else would I be able to talk to my friends at work!

1 Comments:

At 3/27/2007 3:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha.... I laughed at sammich. :) I have a coworker who used to say that, now I say it all the time. How can you hear it and not smile?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home