.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Muenster

Today I went to visit my host family from my summer abroad program back in 1999. I lived with Heinz and Christel, and their daughter Katja, for a month while taking classes with the other students in the program. Being back in the city felt like home. I just wanted to wander around the streets by myself, intentionally getting lost so that I could find my way again. My trip was short, however, and I wanted to spend all my time with Christel and Heinz.






At the market, Christel, her friend Claudia, and I ate some really good Reibekuchen mit Apfelmus (potato pancakes with applesauce) and I laughed when I saw the drinks they were selling. I haven't seen Capri-Sun in years!






I just love the family - they're so much fun and we had a wonderful relationship right from the start. I was really lucky to get such a great host family, especially hearing other students' experiences. So today we reminisced about the time I had spent living with them and they remembered things I had forgotten - like that, when they used to tease me about silly things, I would tease back with "ich will eine andere Familie" (I want a different family) and they'd retort "ich will ein andere Student".
I felt so loved with them and they already started planning what we'll do the next time I visit - which I plan to make happen much sooner than the 7 year gap this last time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home