.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Oh, the things I've seen

Yesterday, I went to Jiffy Lube for a last-minute oil change before my Thanksgiving trip. The TV in the lobby was playing a BBC soap/drama program, complete with the classic "I need to tell you something... I'm pregnant" storyline. The Jiffy Lube just seems like more of a WB than a BBC sort of place.

On the drive in to work this morning I passed a field where a horse was rolling around on the ground.

Walking across campus this morning - a very cold morning, with a bitter wind - I saw a student wearing, not a long coat, but a long cape. I stared at him, just to be sure. Yes, it was a cape. Not only that, but I think I could make out a clasp that resembled those worn by hobbits.

2 Comments:

At 11/24/2006 8:46 AM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

haha...

maybe there is a BBC lover who works at Jiffy Lube (they are sneaking in five minutes after every oil change!)

the hobbit cape rocks

Wow.

Talk about guts to wear that around campus...or, a really skewed view of reality.

 
At 11/25/2006 4:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, you know that after the Matrix came out, kids starting wearing black clothes and trench coats like Neo and Morpheus. But the trenchcoat thing preceeds the Matrix, tho. If I wanted to stand out, I'd wear Jedi clothes and have a lightsaber on my belt. And wave my hand in front of peoples' faces when talking to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home