.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

11.16.06 News of the Day

1) F-15 fighter jets flew over campus this afternoon as practice for a fly-over they're doing at a football game this weekend. I'd heard they were going to be doing it, but it didn't stop my adrenalin from rushing when they did. It really sounded like they were skimming over the building I was in.
2) I was going to buy a few books at the campus bookstore's 25% off sale for all staff tomorrow but I just looked on Amazon.com and their prices are even cheaper that the sale prices would be.
3) My roommate Sarah is sitting next to me on the couch working on her laptop and quietly started humming the Death March from "Star Wars".
4) Tonight I ate some peppermint ice cream - the seasonal Christmassy kind that's vanilla with little bits of pink peppermint sticks in it. I love that ice cream and I think I'm going to stock up on a bunch of cartons before the season ends so I'll still be able to enjoy it months later.
5) I just sent in my bio for my high school 10-year reunion booklet they're making and I realized I'd handled it much like a school assignment: left it to the absolute last-minute and stressed over my writing.
6) I've decided to get bottles of different kinds of German beer so I can try them in the next few weeks to see if I'll want to order any of them while I'm in Germany.
7) Daniel, Sarah and I are sitting in the living room trying, unsuccessfully, to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in our heads. It makes me want to read "Fahrenheit 451" again. Or watch the 1966 movie version.
9) M " " ke is still sticking on m ke board.

10 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 8:27 PM, Blogger Mehend said...

Mmmmm, peppermint stick ice cream! The best! I think I will put it on my Christmas list this year.

 
At 11/17/2006 8:43 PM, Blogger sarahanne said...

Ice cream, a kitten, and a Goopmonster.

 
At 11/18/2006 1:03 PM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

What's a goopmonster??

If it is part of maintaining the kitten...I don't want to know.

 
At 11/18/2006 3:36 PM, Blogger sarahanne said...

Ew, Kristin, no.

"And I want a Goopmonster" is from an early episode of The Simpsons where Homer plays Santa at a mall and a kid gets up on his lap and starts rattling off all this stuff he wants.

Wait, let me see if I can google the episode...
Hey - it's actually from the pilot, air date December 17, 1989. An oldie but a goodie.

Kid: And then I want some Robotoids. And then I want a Goop Monster. And then I want a great big giant-

Homer: Ah, son, you don’t need all that junk. I’m sure you’ve already got something much more important. A decent home and a loving father who would do anything for you. Hey, I couldn’t afford lunch. Give me a bite of that doughnut.

 
At 11/20/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger sarahanne said...

We used to put "a kitten" and "a Goop Monster" on our Christmas lists every year.

 
At 11/20/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"My roommate Sarah is sitting next to me on the couch working on her laptop and quietly started humming the Death March from "Star Wars"."

Yessss....

 
At 11/20/2006 12:51 PM, Blogger sarahanne said...

I don't even know if she realized that was the tune she was merrily humming.

 
At 11/20/2006 12:52 PM, Blogger sarahanne said...

...well, until I told her.

 
At 11/22/2006 12:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hum it when when I'm mad. Maybe I shouldn't be sharing that....

Hey, let's be honest. We've all had moments when we wished we could force-choke someone. I'm glad that God has a better way, though. You can kill people with kindness, and their faces writhe in pain just the same!

 
At 11/22/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OK, I need to chill with all this dark humor. Where's some happy music to listen to....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home