.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Y, oh Y


Bless his little ignorant heart.
Applejack just broke off the "y" key on my laptop. I turned away and he climbed on top of it and then when I turned around he jumped off, knocking the "y" out of position. I tried for 20 minutes to get the darn thing back in, aided by overhead lights, a lamp, a flashlight, tweezers and a cross-stitch needle. (Sidenote: When those people in the movies and on TV hold flashlights in their mouths so they can use two hands on whatever they're working on, it's totally fake because, as I have learned - unless it's just me - it's hard to hold it without starting to drool out the side of your mouth after about 15 seconds) Anyway, I was comforted with the knowledge that I could still type "y"s without the actual key, but I wanted it back in. Finally, I got it back in. But then it kept getting stuck and I'd tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype like this.
But, as you can see, it's working again. It's not totally 100% what it was, but it works and that's what really matters.
The End.

1 Comments:

At 9/17/2006 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor girl!
I lost my q on my old laptop and resorted to copying it and then just pasting a q when necessary. so here are some y's for your pleasure:

Y y Y y Y y

Good luck!
much love from charlottesville

 

Post a Comment

<< Home