.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Kicked to the Curb

It seems we're back to 8 planets.
Pluto got the boot today

Sure, we all thought Pluto was a goofy name when we learned about the solar system in 3rd grade, but we never imagined it would have to walk away from the club, head hung in shame. The kid who all he ever wanted to do was to sit at the "cool kids'" table at lunch.
Poor Pluto.

"The International Astronomical Union decided Thursday to demote Pluto -- the solar system now has 8 planets."

I would like to form a union so I can demote things. Who's with me?

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2006 3:27 AM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

WHAT?????????!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY! WE LOST PLUTO??

It took me a long time to learn all those babies. I know I spent at least thirty minutes painting the styrophome ball purple (in my mind Pluto was oh so purple) in my solar system display.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home