.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Pathology Report from Day 3

I had my old medical records sent to me awhile ago. They'd been scanned and put on a CD so I just printed them out today and was reading through them. I came across one that sounded cool. It was a pathology report from when I was 3 days old.

SPECIMEN: Preauricular skin tags

GROSS: Two pieces of tissue, one a skin-covered lobulated mass about 12mm in greatest dimension. The other is smaller. The entire specimen is embedded in 1 block.

MICROSCOPIC: Section shows normal skin, subcutaneous tissue and pieces of cartilage.

DIAGNOSIS: ACCESSORY EARS.

Yes, you read that right. I had an "accessory ear" that they removed. My mom didn't even tell me about it until I was 13, and it came out because she was talking to my orthodontist about my jaw assymetry. I think it's a cool story.

4 Comments:

At 9/25/2006 11:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

To share something like that you have to be the most self-confident, secure woman ever. Much props to you. You deserve to have good-looking foreigners offer you free lotion samples.

Now that I think of it, most women are probably born with three ears... That would explain why women are better listeners.

 
At 10/03/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

No way!! That is AMAZING!!! Love it!

Very "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"-ish

 
At 10/03/2006 10:50 AM, Blogger sarahanne said...

I had the b'b'bopsy and I found out it was... my twin.

 
At 10/03/2006 1:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow... Something to think about. What if things happened differently, and you did end up with a twin... I wonder how similar or different she'd be from you? Would you be best buds? You couldn't be as much of an independent free-spirit if you had an identical twin. It's against the twin code.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home