.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Where's Olive?

I went to a matinee showing of "Little Miss Sunshine" on Friday, by myself, as a little treat to myself. I love going to the movies alone. And sometimes I just need to take a quiet break from people.
The movie was fantastic. It had been strongly recommended to me by KC and JR and I was not disappointed.
A seriously disfunctional family takes a roadtrip from New Mexico to California in an unreliable VW van to get the little daughter to the Little Miss Sunshine beauty pageant. It was a brilliant ensemble cast. Toni Collette, Steve Carrell, Greg Kinnear, Alan Arkin, Paul Dano (who I had never heard of, but he was fantastic), and the little girl is played by Abigail Breslin who you may remember from "Signs" and "Raising Helen". She's a real star. I hope someone gets recognized at the Oscars. Maybe Steve Carrell?
I was brilliant how the writers took secondary plotlines that could have been really depressing and wove comedy into them.
I cried. I laughed. I laughed until I cried.
All this to say: Go see it.

1 Comments:

At 9/21/2006 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't it absolutely enchanting?

glad you saw it-
kc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home