.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Huggies, please?



I was at Target this evening, running down my list of things I needed to get. Next on the list: baby powder. I went up to a Target "Team Member" and asked him where I could find the diaper section because I hadn't found any baby powder in the general cotton balls, lotion, etc. sections. He leaned in a bit and asked "What?"
"Diapers."

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you."
"Diapers."
"Sorry, I can't hear very well." (leans in) "What are you looking for?"
"Diapers, like for babies."
"What? (cups his ear) What are you saying?"
"Diapers! Di-i-i-i-per-r-r-rs!"
and then I found myself shouting in the middle of the busy store:
"DIAPERS!!!!!!"

"Oh," he said. "Diapers are over there."


I think the humor of the whole scene - and I can't kid myself that it wasn't a scene - was more powerful than the embarrassment factor. And so I giggled all the way to the diaper section.

Standing in that aisle, I found the second thing at Target that made me laugh...



(It's this sort of thing makes the camera-phone totally worth it.)

1 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at a baby shower recently where that butt paste was all the rage because it is said to smell like cookie dough. The women went crazy about this fact and so the butt paste was passed around for everyone to sniff. Lo and behold... it actually does smell like cookie dough. Which is freaky because who wants their kids butt to smell like cookies?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home