.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

House


The order rolls off my tongue:
"Turkey on french with provolone, House and sprouts."

It's like poetry, inspiring a chorus of angels to sing, leading to the glorious consumption of a Cheese Shop sandwich in Williamsburg, VA.

It
is
heaven
on bread.

Whenever I go back to visit Williamsburg, the town of my college years at William & Mary, I try to not only get my signature sandwich, but to also buy an extra tub of their famous "House" dressing. Sometimes I even buy an extra sandwich to take home with me for another day.

(stomach rumbles)

We're going in 10 days! We were honest with each other last night and decided that our main activity will not be touring the colonial town and enjoying the historical reinactments, but rather our main activity will be eating.
We're going for the food.

The Cheese Shop (for sandwiches and House), The Trellis (for the famous Death by Chocolate they invented), Paul's Deli (fantastic pizza, sandwiches, and chicken souvlaki), and Sno-to-Go... just to name a few.

4 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 10:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ugh... I'm hungry and didn't bring lunch today! Thanks for the torture!

I'm supposed to run today, so I'll grab a bite... from somewhere. A coworker brought in watermelon but I don't want any because last time I had watermelon I almost threw up. Sorry for teh mental image. I guess it's payback for making me hungry! ;)

 
At 7/11/2006 5:34 PM, Blogger Mehend said...

Don't forget to pick me up some House and a turkey and provolone sandwich! You'll be my favorite sister!!!

 
At 7/12/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger kc said...

Sarah! So jealous! I met up in Wburg with friends a few weeks ago and our day started out much the same. After devouring turkey on french with sprouts and house dressing (and cream soda to drink), we headed down the road for sno-to-go´s infamous "frog in a blender"s. But DOOOH! It was closed because it was a Sunday.

Plan your eating accordingly. Might I recommend Queen Anne Dairy Snack (on Rt 143 or Second Street) as a worthy--and very cheap---substitute. Good shakes and banana splits.

Enjoy. I´ll stick with my Norwegian eats for now.

 
At 7/13/2006 1:35 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Yeah, I regret that I didn't get to eat ANY of those things while I was there. It is hard to go off and do your own thing when you are at the mercy of a brother and his family and two sisters and their families. I got a few pics though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home