.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Monday, February 06, 2006

The Critical List

One of my all-time favorite movie quotes is from "Charade", starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn

PETER: Do we know each other?
REGINA: Why, do you think we're going to?
PETER: I don't know; how would I know?
REGINA: Because I already know an awful lot of people and until one of them dies I couldn't possibly meet anyone else.
PETER: Hmmm. Well, if anyone goes on the critical list, let me know. [Turns, about to leave]
REGINA: Mmmm, quitter.

3 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 5:26 PM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

No matter how many times I hear you quote this dialogue, I still love it. Something inside of me sighs.

 
At 2/08/2006 5:46 AM, Blogger kc said...

Is the movie worth netflixing?

(and will that become a word just like google has become a verb?)

(and will it have two x's or just one? netflixing or netflixxing?)

 
At 2/08/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger sarahanne said...

You should definitely netflix the movie! It's one of my all-time favorite classic movies. Personally, I'd write "netflixing" with one x. I'd also wager to guess that "netflix" the verb is already included in some of the forward-thinking collections of cultural literacy. Remember kids, language is dynamic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home