.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Spontaneous Five-Day Weekend


There's something to be said for taking the day off from work to do nothing of consequence. I took 3.
I watched a lot of movies, TV, TV on DVD (shout out to Netflix) Gilmore Girls, 24, West Wing...
Ate pizza, tiramisu, Eggo waffles and drank orange juice, root beer and Mudslides.
I wore trackpants everyday.
Cuddled with my cats.
I scrapbooked A LOT.
I spent Friday night hanging out with some dear friends I never see. I spent one leisurely afternoon wandering around Super Target, and spent a good part of one day looking at apartments. I did everything very slowly. On Saturday I woke up at 2:30pm even though I had gone to bed by midnight. Woke up at 11:00am on Sunday and missed church. Woke up at 7:00am on Monday, got dressed for work, drove to the park & ride lot, and decided to take the rest of the day off... again.

Why did sitting on my bum feel so healthy?
I guess I just needed a little down time to get re-energized. Re-boot.
Save for the chilling draft wrapping around my ankles under my desk, I feel great!

3 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 1:18 PM, Blogger kc said...

oh the life!
sounds absolutely delightful!

i wish i could do that, but i suppose that's what my summers are for. :)

 
At 10/26/2005 11:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Luckeee.

 
At 10/26/2005 3:10 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Yep, I did the same thing last week. Except I got called in to work on Friday and I had practice. I didn't wear trackpants or scrapbook though ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home