.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Girl in the Mirror

Recently I have been entertaining my mind with the idea of buying a townhome and doing away with all this apartment renting nonsense. It would be a great investment. Just thinking about it all makes me feel grown up.
Silly, I know, but I think that if I owned a home I would take myself a lot more seriously - I'd feel more grown up than I feel now. I think the whole hopping from one apartment to the next has stunted the growth of my picture of myself as a mature adult. Hmm... I never really thought about that before, but I think sometimes I feel like it's just an extension of dorm-living, which affects the way I think of the stability of my life as a person approaching 30. When I sit and reflect, I really do often view myself as a non-adult. And in terms of the professional 'working world' that people my age are expected to be a part of, I consider the idea of wearing suits and high heels to be one of the worst things I would have to endure. I'd feel so ridiculous in that kind of getup. I real ought to just follow my bliss and become a professional ceramicist and that way it would be perfectly respectable to be wearing a "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt and jeans all covered in clay.
Ahhh, that's exactly what I'd like to be doing right this minute.

3 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 1:49 PM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

Wow! You should by a town house that is exactly 90 seconds from Ceeece and 90 seconds from Jason. It will be this new rule we have...then, when I move back, I'll buy a townhouse 90 seconds from Ceeece and 90 seconds from Jason and 90 seconds from you and 90 seconds from everyone else who will think this is a really fabulous idea...wait, who am I kidding? Jason speeds, let's go with 120 seconds just to be safe!

 
At 10/20/2005 10:34 PM, Blogger Ceeece! said...

Absolutely! We could have our own subdivision. Hmmm what should we call it?

 
At 11/03/2005 3:04 PM, Blogger Amere1 said...

Call is Mecca. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home