.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Recognition Irony

Our department manager brought donuts in to the office today to celebrate State Employee Recognition Week. I didn't even know it was State Employee Recognition Week.
Anyway, she sent an email out to everyone thanking us for the "great work" we do and how much our work "is appreciated" at our office. The irony: she doesn't show much sign of respect for or appreciation of many of the people who work here (I'm very much included in that population) the other 364 days of the year.
And that, as Karin says, is poops.

But I did get a donut with sprinkles on it.
In the end, that's all that really matters.

4 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Amere1 said...

I must say, that is poops. But I am glad you got a doughnut out of it ....don't tell Kim!

Happy State Employees Week....take the rest of the week off. :)

 
At 5/04/2006 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed State Employee Appreciation Day! Also I can't believe that my coworkers appreciate me so little that they didn't even save me a donut! A boy gets hungry reading the internets...Anyway, the point of this comment is to ask whether you get some kind of notification every time someone posts or if you have to refresh your blog to see if anything new has appeared.

Hope you feel better,

Neal

 
At 5/04/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dang! I didn't even know that.

 
At 5/04/2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Kristinmichelle said...

Hmmm, I wonder if there is a Privately Owned Employee Appreciation Day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home