.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

bad news, emily!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Chucking "Wood"


I was listening to my P.M. Dawn CD two days ago. Good stuff.
However, I've found myself with their version of the Beatles' song "Norwegian Wood" stuck in my head, refusing to be expunged no matter how many other songs I listen to. I really don't even like that song in the first place, which makes it all the more frustrating.
I'm yearning for some "Tom's Diner" to replace it. And there's zero sarcasm in that. Mock the song if you must, but I'm a loyal fan of DNA's version - the one with the kickin' bass. Sadly, I have misplaced my "Tom's Album" CD - a collection of remixes and parodies of the song. I'm sure it would do the trick.
I'll have to search elsewhere in my iTunes library on my work computer today for a suitable replacement for "Norwegian Wood". What about some Cranberries or Erasure? Maybe some Simon & Garfunkel or Tears for Fears? Where are the Pet Shop Boys when you need them?
PLEASE!!!!! I'm dyin' here!

[Edit: 4/20/06 @ 7:30pm ... SCORE!!! You'll think I'm making it up, but the song that was playing on the radio when I turned my car on after work was none other than DNA's version of "Tom's Diner"!!!!!! No joke. It was freaky. I hardly ever hear it on the radio anymore. So I cranked it and rolled down the windows. Aaaaahh, satisfaction.]

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I might have had that PM Dawn CD. I had "Jesus Wept" and the one who came before it. Those other people I don't know, though I've heard the names. Hmmm.. If you like Tears for Fears, Kirk Franklin has a sort of remake of that Shout song called "Let it Go", featuring Sonny Sondoval from POD and TobyMac. You can listen to a snippet on iTunes.

 
At 4/20/2006 6:08 PM, Blogger kc said...

have you been to pandora.com?

you type in a song (or an artist) you like, and they play songs they think you'll like based. . .

fun times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home